Quick reminder – we’re at Priory Witham Academy tonight, not Lincoln Christ’s Hospital School.
We’ve just been informed that we’ll be in the Old Hall at Lincoln Christ’s Hospital School again tonight, rather than the Main Hall. This is the same room we were in last week – it works well, so there’s no major problem being there, we just needed to let you know! We’ll do signs again to remind people of where to go. See you there!
We’ve just been notified that there are some road closures around Rushcliffe School tonight – access to the school is still possible, but you may need to take an alternative route. The map provided by Severn Trent Water is below:
It looks like the closure is on Boundary Road, between the entrance to the school and the exit – therefore, access from the Melton Road side looks possible, but it may not be possible to enter from the Loughborough Road side. We’d recommend approaching from the Melton Road end of Boundary Road to be sure.
We’ve had an unusually disrupted time of it this season, with a number of sessions being in different venues, and some being postponed due to adverse weather. To make sure that everyone knows where we are and when for the rest of the season, the remaining session dates and venues are listed below. This replaces any previous information we may have released.
- Wednesday 7th March: Usual weekly session in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School
- Thursday 8th March: Weekly session in Sheffield, Park Academy (new venue – see www.bevox.co.uk/sheffieldparkacademy for directions)
- Tuesday 13th March: Usual weekly session in Nottingham, West Bridgford Methodist Church
- Wednesday 14th March: Usual weekly session in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School
- Thursday 15th March: Weekly session in Sheffield, Park Academy
- Saturday 17th March: Rescheduled session in Lincoln, 2pm to 4pm, Christ’s Hospital School
- Sunday 18th March: Big rehearsal for “Sounds of the Sixties”, Sheffield Springs Academy, 1pm to 4:45pm.
- Monday 19th March: Rescheduled session in Sheffield, Sheffield Springs Academy
- Tuesday 20th March: Final session of the season in Nottingham, West Bridgford Methodist Church
- Wednesday 21st March: Final session of the season in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School
- Thursday 22nd March: Final session of the season in Sheffield, Park Academy
- Saturday 24th March: “Sounds of the Sixties” concert, Sheffield Octagon (full schedule for the day will be sent by email to everyone signed up)
- Monday 26th March: End of season concert in Lincoln, West Hall, Epic Centre, Lincolnshire Showground (singers arrive by no later than 7pm, doors open for audience at 7pm, concert starts 7:30pm)
- Wednesday 28th March: End of season concert in Nottingham, Arnold Hill Academy (singers arrive by no later than 7pm, doors open for audience at 7pm, concert starts 7:30pm)
We will be releasing information about venues for next season by the end of March – we expect to be in a new home venue in both Nottingham and Sheffield, and we expect to have confirmed dates and venues for the end of season concerts in all areas at the start of the season.
We have a number of sessions at our alternative venue (Meadowhead Language College, Dyche Lane, S8 8BR) this season. Please see the list below:
- Week 3 (Jan 18th)
- Week 6 (Feb 8th)
- Week 10 (Mar 8th)
- Week 11 (Mar 15th)
- Week 12 (Mar 22nd)
Weeks 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 will be at our usual venue of Sheffield Springs Academy, Hurlfield Road, S12 2SF.
We have another venue change this week – we’re back to Meadowhead School again in Sheffield on Thursday, as the Springs is unavailable.
See you there!
For our first two sessions of the Summer season in Lincoln, we will be in the Gym at Lincoln Christ’s Hospital School, rather than our usual venue of the Main Hall. This is because the Main Hall is in use by the school. We will put signs up around the school to direct people towards the gym. We recommend that you use the main car park entrance to the school, then turn immediately left – there is a gate at the end of the main car park, which leads to a parking area outside the gym. If there are any difficulties with this, park in the main car park (with the big arches outside), and walk around to the left-hand side of the school – or just follow our signs!
We’ll be back in our usual venue of the Main Hall for the third session, on 10th May.
We’ll be using an alternative venue for our sessions on March 9th and March 16th in Sheffield, as Sheffield Springs isn’t available on those dates. We’ll be at Newfield Secondary School, Lees Hall Road, Sheffield S8 9JP. Timings are as usual. We’ll be back to the Springs for our final session of the season on 23rd March, before the end of season concert on 30th March.
Our session in Wakefield on 4th March will be at St Thomas a Becket School, rather than Sandal Methodist Church. This is just a short distance up Barnsley Road from our usual venue. Map: http://goo.gl/maps/o4dXx
The school has its own car park – please enter from Agbrigg Road/Agbrigg Grove.
For our Nottingham session on Tuesday (22nd January), we’ll be at West Bridgford Methodist Church rather than our usual venue. This is on the junction of Musters Road and Patrick Road – map: http://goo.gl/maps/J8JmL. Parking is difficult at this venue, so please try to arrive early or be prepared to park a street or two away.