Snow update – Monday session in Sheffield WILL RUN

We’ve spoken to the school and looked at weather forecasts, and taken the decision that we WILL run tonight’s session at Sheffield Springs Academy. The school is open, and although there is still some disruption to traffic, it seems to be easing. No further snow is forecast. Of course, people should allow extra time for their journeys and drive to the road conditions – stay safe.

We hope to see as many people as can make it – let’s face it, we could all do with a good sing right now!

Snow update – Big rehearsal CANCELLED – 18th March

It is with great regret that we have to cancel today’s big rehearsal in Sheffield. Road conditions are treacherous, and the venue will be closed.

We’ll email everyone later with an update on what we’re going to do – there’s no time to reschedule this rehearsal before the concert, but we might be able to adjust the schedule on concert day to make room for more rehearsal. We’ll keep you posted.

We’ll post a further update here tomorrow when we know whether we’ll be able to run tomorrow’s session at Springs.

Stay safe – and keep singing!

Sheffield session 1st March 2018 postponed

Hi – we’ve had to postpone tonight’s session in Sheffield due to the snow. The school is closed, and we don’t think it would be safe to travel. We’ll reschedule for another date as soon as the current weather conditions abate.

Thanks for your understanding. Keep singing!

Lincoln session 28th Feb 2018 postponed

Hi – we’ve had to postpone tonight’s session in Lincoln due to the snow. The school is closed, and so we wouldn’t have a venue even if we could get down there. We’ll reschedule for another date as soon as it’s clear when the school will re-open.

Thanks for your understanding. Keep singing!

Alight rehearsal today going ahead

Despite the snow, we’ll be going ahead with today’s rehearsal for “Alight”. We’ve been out in Sheffield this morning (after driving back from Edinburgh late last night), and all the main and secondary roads are clear – side roads may be slippery, but generally seem passable. Please use your judgement when deciding whether it’s safe for you to travel personally.

We don’t have contact details for the site manager at the school, but we’re pretty confident he’ll open up for us. If not, we can always co-opt the function room at the pub opposite!