We’ve had an unusually disrupted time of it this season, with a number of sessions being in different venues, and some being postponed due to adverse weather. To make sure that everyone knows where we are and when for the rest of the season, the remaining session dates and venues are listed below. This replaces any previous information we may have released.
- Wednesday 7th March: Usual weekly session in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School
- Thursday 8th March: Weekly session in Sheffield, Park Academy (new venue – see www.bevox.co.uk/sheffieldparkacademy for directions)
- Tuesday 13th March: Usual weekly session in Nottingham, West Bridgford Methodist Church
- Wednesday 14th March: Usual weekly session in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School
- Thursday 15th March: Weekly session in Sheffield, Park Academy
- Saturday 17th March: Rescheduled session in Lincoln, 2pm to 4pm, Christ’s Hospital School
- Sunday 18th March: Big rehearsal for “Sounds of the Sixties”, Sheffield Springs Academy, 1pm to 4:45pm.
- Monday 19th March: Rescheduled session in Sheffield, Sheffield Springs Academy
- Tuesday 20th March: Final session of the season in Nottingham, West Bridgford Methodist Church
- Wednesday 21st March: Final session of the season in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School
- Thursday 22nd March: Final session of the season in Sheffield, Park Academy
- Saturday 24th March: “Sounds of the Sixties” concert, Sheffield Octagon (full schedule for the day will be sent by email to everyone signed up)
- Monday 26th March: End of season concert in Lincoln, West Hall, Epic Centre, Lincolnshire Showground (singers arrive by no later than 7pm, doors open for audience at 7pm, concert starts 7:30pm)
- Wednesday 28th March: End of season concert in Nottingham, Arnold Hill Academy (singers arrive by no later than 7pm, doors open for audience at 7pm, concert starts 7:30pm)
We will be releasing information about venues for next season by the end of March – we expect to be in a new home venue in both Nottingham and Sheffield, and we expect to have confirmed dates and venues for the end of season concerts in all areas at the start of the season.
Hi – we’ve had to postpone tonight’s session in Sheffield due to the snow. The school is closed, and we don’t think it would be safe to travel. We’ll reschedule for another date as soon as the current weather conditions abate.
Thanks for your understanding. Keep singing!
Hi – we’ve had to postpone tonight’s session in Lincoln due to the snow. The school is closed, and so we wouldn’t have a venue even if we could get down there. We’ll reschedule for another date as soon as it’s clear when the school will re-open.
Thanks for your understanding. Keep singing!
We have a number of sessions at our alternative venue (Meadowhead Language College, Dyche Lane, S8 8BR) this season. Please see the list below:
- Week 3 (Jan 18th)
- Week 6 (Feb 8th)
- Week 10 (Mar 8th)
- Week 11 (Mar 15th)
- Week 12 (Mar 22nd)
Weeks 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 will be at our usual venue of Sheffield Springs Academy, Hurlfield Road, S12 2SF.
We have another venue change this week – we’re back to Meadowhead School again in Sheffield on Thursday, as the Springs is unavailable.
See you there!
For the first two weeks of the Autumn season, our Sheffield sessions will be at Meadowhead Language College, rather than our usual venue of Sheffield Springs Academy.
Meadowhead is on Dyche Lane, Sheffield S8 8BR (Map). Park in either car park, but enter the building via the Sports Entrance on the right-hand end of the building (as you look at it from the road). Once inside, follow the signs for BeVox.
We’ll be back to the Springs for Week 3, 21st September.
For our first two sessions of the Summer season in Lincoln, we will be in the Gym at Lincoln Christ’s Hospital School, rather than our usual venue of the Main Hall. This is because the Main Hall is in use by the school. We will put signs up around the school to direct people towards the gym. We recommend that you use the main car park entrance to the school, then turn immediately left – there is a gate at the end of the main car park, which leads to a parking area outside the gym. If there are any difficulties with this, park in the main car park (with the big arches outside), and walk around to the left-hand side of the school – or just follow our signs!
We’ll be back in our usual venue of the Main Hall for the third session, on 10th May.
We’ll be using an alternative venue for our sessions on March 9th and March 16th in Sheffield, as Sheffield Springs isn’t available on those dates. We’ll be at Newfield Secondary School, Lees Hall Road, Sheffield S8 9JP. Timings are as usual. We’ll be back to the Springs for our final session of the season on 23rd March, before the end of season concert on 30th March.
Our third weekly session for Sheffield in the Spring season will take place on a different date to usual. There will be no session on Thursday 19th January – instead, this session will take place on Monday 23rd January. The session will still be at our usual venue, Sheffield Springs Academy.
Apologies for this change of date. It is to accommodate our appearance in the filming of a forthcoming episode of the BBC’s “Songs of Praise”.
We’re using a different venue for this week’s session in Sheffield, as the Springs Academy isn’t available. We’ll be at Westfield Sports Centre, Eckington Rd, Sothall, Sheffield S20 1HQ. This is just down the road from the Crystal Peaks shopping centre.
When you arrive at the school, the entrance from the road takes you into the Upper car park. Drive through this and follow the signs for the Lower car park. You can park in the Lower car park. The entrance we’ll be using is in the far corner of the Lower car park – marked as an entrance for the Leisure Centre. Once you’re inside the building, the staff at reception will guide you towards the Hall, where we’ll run the session. It is on the 1st floor, but there is a lift available for people with mobility issues.
We look forward to seeing you there!