Quick reminder – we’re at Priory Witham Academy tonight, not Lincoln Christ’s Hospital School.
We’ve just been informed that we’ll be in the Old Hall at Lincoln Christ’s Hospital School again tonight, rather than the Main Hall. This is the same room we were in last week – it works well, so there’s no major problem being there, we just needed to let you know! We’ll do signs again to remind people of where to go. See you there!
We’ve just been told that tonight’s session in Lincoln will be in the Old Hall, not the Main Hall. Use the main entrance to the school car park, around the front, and then go through the door in the middle of the big arches. Carry straight on and you’ll find the Old Hall. We’ll put signs up to guide you, and if you get lost, call my mobile (if you don’t have it, I’ll put it in the email I’m about to send to everyone in Lincoln!).
We’ve just been notified that there are some road closures around Rushcliffe School tonight – access to the school is still possible, but you may need to take an alternative route. The map provided by Severn Trent Water is below:
It looks like the closure is on Boundary Road, between the entrance to the school and the exit – therefore, access from the Melton Road side looks possible, but it may not be possible to enter from the Loughborough Road side. We’d recommend approaching from the Melton Road end of Boundary Road to be sure.
We’ve had an unusually disrupted time of it this season, with a number of sessions being in different venues, and some being postponed due to adverse weather. To make sure that everyone knows where we are and when for the rest of the season, the remaining session dates and venues are listed below. This replaces any previous information we may have released.
- Wednesday 7th March: Usual weekly session in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School
- Thursday 8th March: Weekly session in Sheffield, Park Academy (new venue – see www.bevox.co.uk/sheffieldparkacademy for directions)
- Tuesday 13th March: Usual weekly session in Nottingham, West Bridgford Methodist Church
- Wednesday 14th March: Usual weekly session in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School
- Thursday 15th March: Weekly session in Sheffield, Park Academy
- Saturday 17th March: Rescheduled session in Lincoln, 2pm to 4pm, Christ’s Hospital School
- Sunday 18th March: Big rehearsal for “Sounds of the Sixties”, Sheffield Springs Academy, 1pm to 4:45pm.
- Monday 19th March: Rescheduled session in Sheffield, Sheffield Springs Academy
- Tuesday 20th March: Final session of the season in Nottingham, West Bridgford Methodist Church
- Wednesday 21st March: Final session of the season in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School
- Thursday 22nd March: Final session of the season in Sheffield, Park Academy
- Saturday 24th March: “Sounds of the Sixties” concert, Sheffield Octagon (full schedule for the day will be sent by email to everyone signed up)
- Monday 26th March: End of season concert in Lincoln, West Hall, Epic Centre, Lincolnshire Showground (singers arrive by no later than 7pm, doors open for audience at 7pm, concert starts 7:30pm)
- Wednesday 28th March: End of season concert in Nottingham, Arnold Hill Academy (singers arrive by no later than 7pm, doors open for audience at 7pm, concert starts 7:30pm)
We will be releasing information about venues for next season by the end of March – we expect to be in a new home venue in both Nottingham and Sheffield, and we expect to have confirmed dates and venues for the end of season concerts in all areas at the start of the season.
Hi – we’ve had to postpone tonight’s session in Sheffield due to the snow. The school is closed, and we don’t think it would be safe to travel. We’ll reschedule for another date as soon as the current weather conditions abate.
Thanks for your understanding. Keep singing!
Hi – we’ve had to postpone tonight’s session in Lincoln due to the snow. The school is closed, and so we wouldn’t have a venue even if we could get down there. We’ll reschedule for another date as soon as it’s clear when the school will re-open.
Thanks for your understanding. Keep singing!
We have a number of sessions at our alternative venue (Meadowhead Language College, Dyche Lane, S8 8BR) this season. Please see the list below:
- Week 3 (Jan 18th)
- Week 6 (Feb 8th)
- Week 10 (Mar 8th)
- Week 11 (Mar 15th)
- Week 12 (Mar 22nd)
Weeks 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 will be at our usual venue of Sheffield Springs Academy, Hurlfield Road, S12 2SF.
We have another venue change this week – we’re back to Meadowhead School again in Sheffield on Thursday, as the Springs is unavailable.
See you there!
For the first two weeks of the Autumn season, our Sheffield sessions will be at Meadowhead Language College, rather than our usual venue of Sheffield Springs Academy.
Meadowhead is on Dyche Lane, Sheffield S8 8BR (Map). Park in either car park, but enter the building via the Sports Entrance on the right-hand end of the building (as you look at it from the road). Once inside, follow the signs for BeVox.
We’ll be back to the Springs for Week 3, 21st September.