It is with great regret that we have to cancel today’s big rehearsal in Sheffield. Road conditions are treacherous, and the venue will be closed.
We’ll email everyone later with an update on what we’re going to do – there’s no time to reschedule this rehearsal before the concert, but we might be able to adjust the schedule on concert day to make room for more rehearsal. We’ll keep you posted.
We’ll post a further update here tomorrow when we know whether we’ll be able to run tomorrow’s session at Springs.
Stay safe – and keep singing!
Today’s rescheduled session in Lincoln is currently planned to go ahead. The school is open, and although there’s snow and wind on our route, it looks manageable. If anything changes whilst we’re en route, we’ll post here.
UPDATE: We’ve arrived in Lincoln and it’s fine – so fine, I had to wear my sunglasses!
Tomorrow’s big rehearsal with the band is also still expected to run. If the situation changes overnight, we’ll post here.
We’ve had an unusually disrupted time of it this season, with a number of sessions being in different venues, and some being postponed due to adverse weather. To make sure that everyone knows where we are and when for the rest of the season, the remaining session dates and venues are listed below. This replaces any previous information we may have released.
- Wednesday 7th March: Usual weekly session in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School
- Thursday 8th March: Weekly session in Sheffield, Park Academy (new venue – see www.bevox.co.uk/sheffieldparkacademy for directions)
- Tuesday 13th March: Usual weekly session in Nottingham, West Bridgford Methodist Church
- Wednesday 14th March: Usual weekly session in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School
- Thursday 15th March: Weekly session in Sheffield, Park Academy
- Saturday 17th March: Rescheduled session in Lincoln, 2pm to 4pm, Christ’s Hospital School
- Sunday 18th March: Big rehearsal for “Sounds of the Sixties”, Sheffield Springs Academy, 1pm to 4:45pm.
- Monday 19th March: Rescheduled session in Sheffield, Sheffield Springs Academy
- Tuesday 20th March: Final session of the season in Nottingham, West Bridgford Methodist Church
- Wednesday 21st March: Final session of the season in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School
- Thursday 22nd March: Final session of the season in Sheffield, Park Academy
- Saturday 24th March: “Sounds of the Sixties” concert, Sheffield Octagon (full schedule for the day will be sent by email to everyone signed up)
- Monday 26th March: End of season concert in Lincoln, West Hall, Epic Centre, Lincolnshire Showground (singers arrive by no later than 7pm, doors open for audience at 7pm, concert starts 7:30pm)
- Wednesday 28th March: End of season concert in Nottingham, Arnold Hill Academy (singers arrive by no later than 7pm, doors open for audience at 7pm, concert starts 7:30pm)
We will be releasing information about venues for next season by the end of March – we expect to be in a new home venue in both Nottingham and Sheffield, and we expect to have confirmed dates and venues for the end of season concerts in all areas at the start of the season.
Hi – we’ve had to postpone tonight’s session in Sheffield due to the snow. The school is closed, and we don’t think it would be safe to travel. We’ll reschedule for another date as soon as the current weather conditions abate.
Thanks for your understanding. Keep singing!